Sony Pictures Entertainment is presently looking for individuals interested in a paid internship in our CLASSICS ADVERTISING/PUBLICITY/ MARKETING DEPARTMENT in New York City.
Sony Pictures Classics (SPC) specializes in the acquisition, marketing, and distribution of prestigious foreign and American independent films. Operations include booking theatres, shipping prints, billing, and collections, overseeing the creation of ad campaigns and trailers, and implementing creative marketing strategies tailor-made for each picture. SPC releases have been nominated for over 20 Academy Awards.
The duration is 3 months.
include, but are not limited to the following:
• Answering phones
• Administrative duties
• Assisting with general duties associated with publicity and marketing department such as covering screenings, keeping track of rsvp lists, organizing materials for the technical coordinator, shipping promotional materials (posters, DVD screeners, etc.)
• Assisting with research projects
• Strong administrative skills (Phone, MS Office/Windows, data entry, filing, photocopying, etc.)
• Excellent problem-solving ability & ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• An interest in American independent & foreign language films
• Prior office experience
• Foreign Language ability a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures – NY – New York City