The NFL handed Kareem Hunt and eight-game ban for violating the league's Personal Conduct Policy. He will not appeal.
The league made the announcement Friday morning.
Hunt was quickly dumped by the Chiefs after TMZ published video in November 2018 showing the star running back shoving and kicking a woman in surveillance video captured on Feb. 10, 2018.
He was not arrested or charged in the incident.
The league cited a second violent incident dating to last June — when he punched a man — in handing down the suspension.
Hunt got a second chance in the NFL when the Browns signed him on a one-year contract last month.
“We want to thank the Browns for the unwavering support they have shown Kareem,” his agent, Dan Saffron, said in a statement. He said his client would accept the decision and take the eight-game ban.
Per NFL rules, he will be eligible to play in the Browns’ ninth regular season game.
Developing story, check back for details