A surveillance photo of the masked killer. (Chicago Police Department)

Authorities in Chicago have increased a reward for the capture of a masked gunman who remains on the loose after killing two people.

The ATF announced Saturday that it is adding $5,000, bringing the total reward to $16,000 for information leading to an arrest.

Advertisement

Douglass Watts, 73, was shot in the head near his home on Sept. 30, and 24-year-old Eliyahu Moscowitz was killed the following day. Both shootings took place in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago.

Investigators released a surveillance photo and video of the suspect, who was wearing a hood, a mask and a dark jacket.

“We all want answers,” Moscowitz friend Steve Loskutov told ABC 7. “We all want justice. It’s sickening to think about it.”

The reward offer includes $10,000 from the Jewish Federation of Metro Chicago, and $1,000 from Cook County Crime Stoppers.

It is believed the suspect lives in the neighborhood, according to the station. The shootings seem to be random.

Anyone with information should contact the Chicago Police Department or call 1-888-ATF-TIPS.

“To all the residents of the Rogers Park community, your city is standing with you, supporting you, at this moment,” Mayor Rahm Emanuel said earlier this month, according to the Chicago Tribune. “I know firsthand the Rogers Park community is strong, is resilient and is a supportive community. We need those core values and the Police Department needs those core values at this time.”

Advertisement

Facebook Comments