Two Manhattan families have announced plans to file $10 million suits over the actions of a former Harlem school aide, joining another family who filed suit last week.
Kaseem Gordon, 29, was fired from his aide job at Public School 194 amid reports that he dragged the 4-year-old son of Harlem mom Bernadette Torres, injuring the boy.
After The News published Torres’ story on May 15, two other families approached attorney Tahanie Aboushi with similar claims.
PS 194 PTA President Sharon Kemp said her son, 8, reported that Gordon dragged him around the school and grabbed him by the throat until he couldn’t breathe.
Another PS 194 mom, Sharon Faust, said Gordon cursed at and assaulted her son, who attends third grade at the school.
Both Faust and Kemp filed notices of claim against the city and Partnership with Children, a nonprofit that works in city schools and employed Gordon in programs at PS 194.
Their kids were referred to by their initials in the complaints.
Kemp said she called police on Gordon after he assaulted her son in March but police did nothing. Cops had no record of the call.
“It was horrible, heartbreaking,” said Kemp, 46 of the incident. “The police come and nothing happens. He needs to be arrested.”
Gordon declined to comment.
Partnership with Children spokeswoman Margaret Crotty said the organization is investigating.
“We take these claims very seriously and are working with outside counsel to investigate these allegations,” Crotty said.
The National Action Network plans to hold a rally calling for reforms at PS 194 Thursday afternoon.