This Website use Cookies OK

Read more Politics News

Rudy Giuliani drops out of Armenian conference in which Putin scheduled to appear


Rudy Giuliani is steering clear of Russian strongman Vladimir Putin — at least for the immediate future.

Only hours after confirming his imminent attendance at a two-day Kremlin-backed conference in Armenia, President Trump’s personal lawyer unexpectedly backed out, reported The Washington Post.

The Transit Potential of the Eurasian Continent forum — which begins Sept. 30 and would have featured Giuliani as the lone American — is also expecting to host Putin, according to a conference agenda.

“I didn’t know Putin was going,” the former New York mayor told the newspaper. “Discretion is the better part of valor.”

Giuliani had been penciled in as a keynote speaker in a panel moderated by Sergey Glazyev, a longtime Putin crony who has been under American sanctions since the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Giuliani’s appearance in Armenia would have occurred less than a week after the bombshell release of a whistleblower complaint that accused Trump of pressuring Ukrainian officials for campaign dirt.

“I am also concerned that these actions pose risks to U.S. national security and undermine the U.S. government’s efforts to deter and counter foreign interference in U.S. elections,” wrote the anonymous insider.

Giuliani’s recent TV appearances, in which he has attempted to downplay the severity of Trump’s call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as well as disparage the whistleblower’s reputation, have drawn flack from congressional members in both parties.

“I have great respect for Mr. Giuliani,” stated Louisiana GOP Sen. John Kennedy on Wednesday. “But I said this yesterday and take it for what it’s worth: he is wild as a March hare.”

Giuliani also claims the State Department instructed him to meet with Ukrainian officials.

During a Tuesday interview with conservative commentator Laura Ingraham, a sweaty Giuliani asserted, “I never talked to a Ukrainian official until the State Department called and asked me to do it, and then I reported every conversation back to to them.”