Cookies

This Website use Cookies OK

Read more Crime News

Bronx gunman wounded two men during bloody Fourth of July weekend, video shows

2020-07-16

Two men were wounded after a gunman opened fire in the Bronx during a Fourth of July weekend plagued by gun violence, new video released Saturday by police shows.

The gunman, his face covered by a white shirt that was wrapped around his head, stormed up and began shooting at five men sitting on the front steps of a Morris Ave. building near E. 151 St. in Melrose around 6 a.m. July 5, the video shows.

The group scrambled to get away from the bullets, leaving their belongings behind.

Two men were hit by bullets, one in the arm and chest and the other in the leg, cops said. Both walked into Lincoln Medical Center and were treated.

The gunman ran off. No arrests have been made.

The dawn attack was one of 64 shootings across the city during the Independence Day weekend, officials said. A total of ten victims died on Saturday and Sunday.

In the seven days ending on July 5, 101 people were hit by bullets during 74 different shootings — three times the number of victims during the same week last year, when 33 people were wounded in 26 separate shootings.

Anyone with information about the July 5 shooting is urged to call NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.